University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Advising Services

Every UCONN student is assigned an advisor according to major—either a university professor or a professional advisor in the Advising Center.

Advisors will work with students to plan, problem solve, and help explore interests and majors. Advisors are also a contact for getting information regarding programs, tutors, special needs, or just general information.

You will find the name and phone number of your assigned advisor on your “Student Page” in the Student Administration System.

Students who are interested in Study Abroad may want to talk about their options with one of the advisors in the Advising Center as they make their decisions and before working with the Study Abroad office in Storrs. Transfer students may want to talk with an advisor in the Advising Center concerning their transfer credits to UCONN.

Students often talk with their academic advisor about selecting a major and about developing a semester-by-semester graduation plan for completing their degree.